Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Wannabe Visionary Philosopher

I have a quest.

For over 30 years I've been on an ongoing investigation of the human condition, and I've been the primary source.

I've kept a journal that has investigated every aspect of my life, and with blunt honesty, I've considered every motivation that has driven me. I alluded to this in my contribution to the wikiHow How to Become a Philosopher.

In the course of this, I've assembled a picture of the world and how it works. Please believe that I've arrived at some startling conclusions.

The problem with the claims I may make is that I have arrived at them by use of inductive, deductive, and abductive reasoning, often with the proofs being inferred instead of being explicit. The problem with this is that I can't make a claim, then provide a rock-solid deductive explanation of how it is I come to know it; I can only tell you that it NEEDS to be in such a way, and I'll do my best to convince you.

Why should I be permitted this luxury? If I'm to consider the whole of the human condition, there is NO WAY that I can supply explicit deductive arguments for every new idea. As it is, the mandate to know everything is already ridiculously large for any one person aspiring to be a Visionary Philosopher.

The problem with having a vision of the world is that it's very difficult to get it out of my head, to present to you. There is a mechanism I'm experimenting with, what I'd call Visionary Fiction. Should I have any success with this, the least I can say about it is that it'll be an interesting read, or so I hope.

2 comments:

cathouse teri said...

Well you've got my interest!

Joe Visionary said...

Yeow! Hi Teri. I'm delighted to have you drop by.

This mission of mine now seems to be taking me toward 'best-fit' explanations. I suspect that this is an evolutionary step for me on my way to writing completely engrossing entertainment, but as usual, nothing comes easy. I've been on this particular mission probably as long as I've been writing, and only now can I begin to see the end.

Talk about long-term projects...